Thursday 23 November 2017

Happy Pumpkins

Might I be honest? Could I tell you what I really think about Thanksgiving? Divulge my secret from across the wide Atlantic sea? Well, presuming your affirmative reply, I shall whisper quietly, lean in, that it's all about the pumpkin pictures. I fully understand and admire the looking back on past Ebenezers, and hasn't the Lord been good to us after all? I fully understand and admire the gatherings of family and friends without quite all the trappings of materialism and tinsel. I also fully understand and admire the recipes and the pies and the feasting and the more time off work.


However, what it does for me, here, in this little and frozen Northern land, is prolong the visual pumpkin season. We only see pumpkins for those weeks before Hallowe'en. Very few of them are grown here; indeed I imagine that only recently have any of them been grown here at all. But you, y'all, you have pumpkin fields galore; I know; I've seen one, once! In Indiana many harvest moons ago now...


All this to say- obviously Happy Thanksgiving to all you fabulous American bloggistes who make my screen shiny with love and life. But more importantly for me, thank you for all those glorious pumpkins x

3 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

Ha ha! You're welcome, Mags! :D

Pom Pom said...

It's funny but now that Thanksgiving is over there will only be small pumpkins in the produce section, but I will try to take a few photos for you the next time I shop.

M.K. said...

Ah - I had forgotten about your love of pumpkins, Mags, but now I remember how we deluged you in previous years with photos of pumpkins galore :) Adam wants to put in a Christmas tree farm here at our place, and I told him we should also have a pumpkin patch. I hope it comes about! I wish you could visit me and sit among the pumpkins!

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...