Thursday 29 June 2017

This month: Glasgow

This month I went to Glasgow for a weekend. I got up at a ridiculous hour one Saturday morning, closed my eyes briefly on a plane and woke up in Scotland. Admittedly there was a very accommodating husband and pre-booking forethought involved. There was food, and food for thought; there were friends; there was crochet in public on Knit in Public Day. It was wonderful. The photos might imply more sun than in fact there was, but it was Glasgow. Just as miserable a climate as here, presumably! All in all it was nice to know that such things can still be done.




























Thanks to Catherine and Fred for letting me come, and thanks to the strawberries for letting me go x Summer school holidays start tomorrow- in hilariously seasonal pouring rain...

7 comments:

Pom Pom said...

That looks like a perfect getaway, Mags❤️
You look happy! Prayers for sunshine!

Lisa Richards said...

So glad you had the opportunity to take a nice, relaxing trip to Scotland! (At least I hope it was relaxing!)
Knitting in public. How cool is that?
Enjoy your summer break! :)

GretchenJoanna said...

How splendid! A little summer holiday-getaway. God bless you, Mags!

M.K. said...

What a lovely weekend getaway! I'm glad you could go. I'm surprised you flew, but I have little idea of distances over there. I know the weather is dreary and wet, but I get so, so tired of the heat and sun over here. It wears me out. I'd love to switch a bit and have some weather that was suitable to a cup of hot tea! That knitting looks fun!

Kezzie said...

Wow, that was a whistlestop visit! How are you? I do hope you are well.x

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm said...

Mags, so glad you had a great visit. Glasgow is on my to-visit list...Edinburgh was fabulous although I saw just a tiny portion. I'm thinking a lot of Scotland in 2018.

Pom Pom said...

I love seeing your face! It looks like you were having a lot of fun!

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...