Tuesday 1 September 2015

Happy New Year!


I have spent forty-three years of my life in the school year. So 1st September feels much more like my new start than the food-fuelled, wrapping-festooned 1st January ever does. Today the summer blue skies wrapped themselves in a thin layer of crisp chill and welcomed the new term.

Admittedly all three of us have been back in school since last week, but we had our annual leave-taking of the body-boards on Saturday and are ready for Autumn. Our suburb is already swapping green leaves for golden, and it won't be long before thick tights cover my legs at least! Homework certainly hasn't taken long to make itself comfortable at the table once more..

It's been a glorious day, indeed a glorious summer for us home and away, and I wish you all a brave, new start to your own September x


8 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Homework is so much work for mamas. Boo.
I wish you would have had a warmer summer, Mags.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

It's nice to back in school--it's the new year for me, too. I am awaiting the crisp weather and changing leaves, though. That won't happen here for another month, and then we'll put on our sweaters and all be happy.

xofrances

gretchenjoanna said...

Sept 1 is the New Year on the Orthodox church calendar, too! I'm glad you didn't try to get us to celebrate about school before September; August is just too soon.

Your picture of the children and the sun room goes so well with your "story."
Love to you, Mags.

Amy at love made my home said...

Happy New Year to you too!!! I know what you mean, September feels like an opportunity for a new start doesn't it! xx

Lisa Richards said...

Sounds like you are all well and happy. Happy New Year to you, too! I'm looking forward to fall. Not sure about winter, but what can ya do? :)

Elderberry-Rob said...

happy new school year to you Mags. This is the first year of no school for us as youngest boy is off to college to learn construction, I don't think there will be too much homework (where would we put all those bricks!) but if there is, we have plastering and tiling in need of doing if he wants practice! Betty

Mise said...

I am looking covetously at your sunny porch with its ample opportunities for roman blinds.

M.K. said...

Look at your lovely boys! They look quite attentive to their work. What a perfect place to sit and do homework. Do they daydream and look out all those windows? I sure would :) Happy school year, Mags! I hope it all goes smoothly for you!

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...