Sunday 14 October 2012

Random acts of blogging


Blogging is a wonderful thing.  It forges ties across continents that would never otherwise have been so much as a mere concept.  Offering words that are lives that are inspirations and encouragements and lessons, that is already a good and wondrous gift. But when bloggistes are prepared to send tangible evidence that we are connected, that is a humbling experience.  (Not least because I am the worst person in the world at posting promised things.  You poor folk know who you are...) So, thank you, Floss, for my red package, which arrived last week and brought us great excitement! And thank you, Ang, for my teabag! The tag reads, "I'd like to come and see you and have a cup of tea, but as this is not possble, please have this one on me!"  Have some cheesecake, ladies; have a slice of love as a small token of great esteem!
We spent this evening playing Monopoly and eating chocolate cake, with left over strawberry puree from the cheesecake.  This is about as close to wealthy strawberry property deals as we will be getting!  Wishing you all a week filled with good dealings and a nice taste in your mouth!

6 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

"Wishing you all a week filled with good dealings and a nice taste in your mouth!"

I just love that and I know you mean it.....

Gill in Canada

Pom Pom said...

Aw! Does that mean no Downton Abbey house for the strawberry family?
Yes, I quite agree that the blogsters are angel pies. I am a slow post office goer. I'm trying to get better!

Angela said...

Please tell M that I no longer need a hotel on Mayfair, and ask J to arrange some Free Parking for me in 2 weeks time when I am in London with the girls.
Enjoy the tea!! xx

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I've been meaning to write you a letter for ages, Mags, so I too am a bit slow about getting to the P.O. One of these days, though, when you least expect it ...

xofrances

Fat Dormouse said...

The cheesecake looks yummy - but not Monopoly! I'm afraid I hated that game when I was young. I liked Risk, Totopoly (with its little metal horses) and something called Young Executive...I remember the names because I used to pronounce it with the stress in the wrong place (Exe-CU-tive) but I can't remember the game at all!

Floss said...

Miam! I've finally had time to pop in - thanks so much for your charming post - it's wonderful that the red parcel is with you and providing strawberry-flavoured inspiration! What could be more appropriate? Have a good week.

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...