Sunday 26 August 2012

In the Collective!

So, here it is! A while ago on facebook Rend asked for volunteers to come down to the beach to help them record a live Campfire Worship album. But you had to be young, so obviously I didn't think anymore about it. Then, on the deadline, they said that they had a few spaces left, so I stuck my brass wrinkled neck well out and emailed to ask if two over-ripe strawberries, one of whom was able to sing, could come and play with the other children. And they laughed a lot, apparently, and said we were in!

So here are just a few of the many out of focus photos. There would have been copiously more were it not for the fact that it's jolly hard work singing on a beach for six hours, let alone bouncing up and down enough times for the camera crew to be happy! (If you want to hear them, they were also on Songs of Praise tonight at 12 minutes 20.) The album will be released free, hopefully around Christmas Day 2012- and fear not, as soon as there's a link to a video, you'll be invited to spot the small jumping strawberry with the brass wrinkled neck!













5 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I can understand why you were so excited! I hope you went to bed early!
I shall listen to a bit of Rend Collective Experiment now, in your honor.
(BIG HUG!)

Fat Dormouse said...

How wonderful Mags! I'd've been dancing with you. I look forward to playing Spot the Strawberry!

Elderberry-Rob said...

No wonder you were bursting. Missed songs of praise - didn't see your post until this morning. Think I will put their album on my christmas wish list for sure. Bettyx

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What a fabulous time and so glad you were able to join.

Angela said...

Ooh the tall one and the small one meet up with the Collective. What bliss, what fun, what a wonderful time xx

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...