Thursday 15 December 2011

Thrifty Thursday's two-in-one Childlike Christmas!

Thrifty bakes more at Christmas than usual. Only the love of the notion of the Friday Cake Bake spurs her more! She can never quite believe how much more for your money you must get from packets of everything falling about snowily in the baking cupboard. Or indeed quite how many people you can feed at Open House time!

Hopefully baking is a farily established part of my children's Christmas. Admittedly Joshua did have That Year with This Icing...

But generally all is much better managed come Christmas Eve, when special preparations must be made!

Spot the well-loved Farmer Duck, now out to pasture.

Our traditional GH gingerbread made, and spoons dutifully licked.

And even sometimes rolled out again when invited to a New Year's Eve party! (See how long it is since I've successfully managed to get to one of those!)

5 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

Those gingerbread bears with their graceful decor steal my heart.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I love baking with boys! In fact, I plan to have my boys do all this baking this year while I sit by the fire with a nice book ... Or at least that's my dream.

xofrances

Pom Pom said...

I agree with GJ! The gingerbread is perfect!

Jayne said...

My youngest son is now 20, and we still love our baking sessions together when he is home - and we especially love eating our handiwork!

The dB family said...

Gingerbread men. I do believe we only entirely missed making them once since the children could start decorating them. It a very fun, but very messy tradition.

Blessings!
Deborah

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...