Wednesday 12 October 2011

Letters to Prince Charming I


Dear PC,

I bought a mug today. I know that it's the Year of Living Small and that we don't need another mug, but really, it spoke to me! It is also the same colour as Jo's money box, the base of which he found. It was inside the money box. It must have got lodged there in your haste to get me some loose change for the hospital car park. So there's another of life's mysteries solved- along with the disappearing dinner ticket wallet, found by Jo again, in your car actually. So there's an advantage to my driving your car this week!

I got my car back from the garage today, by the way. Cost a bit more than I had expected, but that's ok because the men who came last night to unblock the drains cost a lot less than I thought they would so that's alright too! Mum gave them the check in the end, because I was at the emergency doctor with Jo. He's much better today, and Matt is well recovered too.

Today has thankfully been a very ordinary day, so far not one trip to a hospital, let alone two. I have been able finally to sort out new glasses, go to the supermarket and drink lots and lots of tea, some of it from my new mug!

We hope you are well, and awake, and adjusting to the time/language/luxury difference. At least with two queen size beds in your room you'll have lots of space to relax! I'm about to pack school bags and tidy up and sort out paperwork for the three things on the list for tomorrow, and then to bed, which feels like a two queen size ones when you're on the other side of the ocean!

Two sleeps,

Your strawberries x

6 comments:

The dB family said...

Awww, I love it! I hope your last two days go very quickly without incident!

Blessings!
Deborah

Angela said...

love the mug

why do I find lost thing #1 when I start looking for lost thing #2???

why do I have Grand Plans to Achieve Much if beloved is away for a few days - but then don't because I sleep badly in his absence and then feel too tired to carry out Grand Plans???

hope you & suns survive till PCs return

blessings

Pom Pom said...

I really love the mug! I'd have bought it, for sure!
Oh, I bet you DO miss PC. It's a good idea to count the sleeps.

Elizabethd said...

What a very nice mug. You simply had to ahve it.

Gumbo Lily said...

Great mug! Extra-large for lots of delicious tea this winter. Stay healthy!

Jody

Gill - That British Woman said...

I love that mug, where did you get it from?

Gill in Canada

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...