Saturday 17 September 2011

The Wind in the Willows II - Their Grand Tour



"The open road, the dusty highway, the heath, the common, the hedgerows, the rolling downs! Camps, villages, towns, cities! Here today, up and off to somewhere else tomorrow! Travel, change, interest, excitement! The whole world before you, and a horizon that's always changing! And mind, this is the very finest cart of its sort that was ever built, without any exception."

Thus spaketh Toad on his first empassioned journey of Willows- and he remembered those words with glee as he hopped into his envelope in Denver today and snuggled down with Ratty and Mole for the first leg of their Grand Tour! The whole world really is before them this time!

The suns and I have just been spinning our globe and looking at all their stops- it's quite something to consider as we snuggle down into Autumn here, with routines and school runs and homeworks and swimming and BB and piano and conkers and blackberries and hats and gloves that will definitely be coming out before I go to rugby practice again!

At least these three little characters will eschew the train train quotidien for a train train poop poop of merriment and wide open skies. Ratty is just remembering some of his own past words, in case the hilarity gets a bit much,

"O bliss! O poop-poop! O my! O my!" "O stop being an ass, Toad!"

(Their full Itinerary will be posted soon- so that everyone can check where they are. Still time to invite them to the adventure that is your place!)

14 comments:

Pom Pom said...

The Three will have a wonderful time in rural Canada! Debbie's cleaning her house in preparation (it always looks sparkly on her blog!) so I'm sure they will receive royal treatment there in Oregon. Lisa is a storybook artist so I can just imagine what she'll do in the book! Oh, and Gigi has an adorable imagination! She can't wait. MK is QUITE the artist and they'll have a wonderful time at Thistle Cove Farm. Frances is an amazing wordsmith and I'm thrilled that some of her words will be in my book. See? It's all so fantastic and they haven't even begun to head to their true homeland yet!

Angela said...

Oh crumbs, does that mean I have to do lots of housework before they get here?
I was just planning on putting up the tent in the garden and letting them stop there [or if it was cold, they could sleep in the super tidy airing cupboard]

Buttercup said...

Go Toad and friends! I've got a nice window seat in New York City. They can look out and see all the excitement of the city.

M.K. said...

I'm so excited to part of this! Many thanks to you and Pom. What fun!

Catherine said...

Oh how truly marvelous. I'm sure they will all be quite overcome by a feast in my larder : ) I wonder if they like asparagus? It should be in full harvest by the time of their arrival & I could make splendid asparagus rolls! x

magsmcc said...

From New York to a tent in rural Leicestershire! And asparagus on which to dine- at least we'll be living the dream vicariously!

Elizabethd said...

Not to mention sharing a little stable with next door's three Ouessant sheep? Or, perhaps not, maybe I'll invite them in.

Elderberry-Rob said...

I have a little place in the woods set aside for them and can't wait for their arrival! Bettyx

Catherine said...

I have a new shed!! Can they sleep there or is that cruel?! LOL! Cx

Sarah said...

They can visit the south downs with me - and our local river is called the Ouse (pronounced ooze) :)
My e-mail is sarah at robpannell dot com - sorry for silly blogger sign in not displaying it!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

I'm more than happy to, personally, take everyone around on their world tour. -smile-
This is going to be great fun!

quilterliz said...

G'day. I have a lovely sunny spot in a corner of my garden, just waiting for them, but of course, if the nights are cold I will invite them inside.Take care. Liz...

Floss said...

What will they make of France, I wonder? This is all very exciting...

The dB family said...

Mr. Toad better behave while he is here! I'll introduce him to our black Lab, Maverick. That just might keep him sensible. We had pumpkin scones this week. I think I will make them for when Ratty, Mole and Toad arrive. They are deeeevine! Hopefully they will be here on Monday!

Blessings!
Deborah

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...