Friday 1 October 2010

Friday Cake Bake for a boy who is now 6!

I can bake but I cannot decorate to save myself! Happily Queen of Craft Niqi makes me customised cupcake boxes for when one needs a little lift!

Linden Grove has mouthwatering scones today- we had 42 buns in the oven (!) last night for Joshua's birthday break in school, and if I could summon up any energy at all after school today and then his family party I would embark on the pirate cake for his friends' party tomorrow.

Happy Birthday, Jo. One of the two best things I ever cooked!

6 comments:

Amy Smith said...

"One of the two best things I ever cooked." Love that line.
Good job, mama! This is the stuff they remember!! :)

Simone said...

That's a lovely little cupcake. Small but perfectly formed!

Pom Pom said...

Yum! I wish I could smell them. Happy Birthday little strawberry. I remember the extreme and drastic exhaustion that followed birthday parties. Way to go!

Terra said...

Ah yes the buns we cook in our ovens are truly the best.

Mise said...

The cupcake boxes are a great idea - a homemade cupcake is a perfect present. I often sit round impatiently tapping my foot till someone gives me one of them but no one ever does. Happy birthday, Joshua!

Jenny said...

Oh, what a happy day! Cupcake boxes! Love it!

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...