Monday 30 August 2010

Greatitudes 263-272

Things grew in our garden this year, with surprisingly little intervention on our part after planting. I am going to take this as an analogy for the school year looming. Growth happens, progress is made, and I am not the Creator.

Other things for which to be profoundly grateful and which I want to remember this academic year. We live in a house which is big enough for us and is "perfect" in the words of the suns. We have our daily bread and abundantly more; I am trying not to be obsessed with The Look. We believe we are pilgrims on this earth, and want to pilgrim well. I don't need to be a yummy mummy. 'Twould be better to be a mummy who makes yummy!

The summer has been busy and interesting and rich in ways beyond money and price. When we got back from Kilkenny we had been away more than at home, and this has made the last two weeks of doing absolutely nothing feel very lovely and special and decadent and good. There have been fabulous books to read for me, and guiltless DVD and Wii times for suns. And today we rounded it all off with a trip to Funworks, lunch at Macdos, and even made it to the Loughshore Festival just in time to get seats in the Drum Circle!

Finally, and again just in time, Mattman has revised Maths and Writing- see below!

5 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Really? Only 117? Yahoo!
What's Funworks?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have had a fun summer! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog...and yes, I do think silence lead seamlessly to prayer. A good thing for me!

Angela said...

Thankyou Mattman for that helpful 117 reminder [I am already into full on sewing-the-gifts mode]

You are right about the danger of getting obsessed with The Look - I went to the village of Avoca in 2008 and thought their stuff was beautiful - but SO SO expensive.

Thanks for all recent comments on my blog. They so often inspire me to write more stuff!!

Hope the New Term goes well for your family. Blessings xx

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I hope you are surviving the beginning of the school year and the long road to Christmas. Pilgrims, indeed, each and every one.

frances

Gumbo Lily said...

Sweet Mattman -- counting sleeps before Christmas and giving himself a couple extra sleeps. Christmas will come.

Jody

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...