Monday 22 February 2010

A gold medal in the Strawberry Olympics

I have not been angry today. I have not been anxious today. A new song has been sung in this house today. Two suns have gone to bed happy, and I cannot quite believe today.


This is my little attempt at a Lenten creative journal. If you do away with the... clenched fist... your light will rise in the darkness , and your shadows become like noon. Isaiah 58. I'm very encouraged- there has never been a clenched fist, I must categorically point out, but there is generally rage at some point!

Earlier in Lent I smiled at the repetition of "thanks offerings" in Psalm 50. And wavered over my Lenten abstention from Internetia. This and Floss' post have sent me to the keys. 172-181.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Glad it has been a good day! :o)

Angela said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I have LOVED reading through yours [had to be REALLY disciplined and set my oven timer, so I didn't waste hours when I ought to be Productively Working! but I shall complete my perusal later] So many of your posts resonate with me
Lenten blessings x

Angela said...

6.50pm. I got in from school, cooked and served a meal, then returned to your blog. I have just worked out how to make the cool boxes featured on 12th/17th december [using scrap paper & hole punch] Thats good dear, said my beloved- but why didn't you just contact the blogger and ask for instructions? [cos I am obstinate, that is why!!]
but I am SO pleased with the result.
thanks for the idea

Time stands still

 Hello! Sending you all lots of love from Northern Ireland, where nothing much changes just as everything changes, as usual. Time has stood ...